Friday, June 13, 2014

Stich Fix # 2 Review

Last month I decided to try this pretty nifty little service called Stitch Fix.  If you know me, you know I have lost quite a bit of weight.  I need clothes, and I actually like getting new clothes now a days. But I hate to shop.  Like, I really, really hate to shop.  And I am an Engineer, with no fashion sense or creativity whatsoever.  So when I noticed lots of Facebook friends nd co workers talking and posting about this service, I thought I would give it a try.

I clicked on a friends referral link and signed up.   I was asked to create a style profile, to basically rate some stylized outfits from I love it a lot to I hate it.   Then input my sizes, price ranges, how I want my monthly fixes mixed (include to do not include layering pieces, what percentage of work or play wear, etc).  There is a $20 a month styling fee, but it gets deducted from the price of any item you buy.   

Then you wait.  They and quite a waiting list when I signed up.  So I waited and waited. 

My first fix was not that great.  My review can be found on Pinterest here.  Mostly it was  a dud because the pieces I liked were way too warm for hot Texas summers,  and there was no color.  I wanted color.  I packed everything up and sent it back, and then I went to my style profile and left some detailed notes for my stylist. 

My second fix arrived about two weeks ago.   And my stylist definitely listened.   

Each piece is reviewed below.

DYLAN AND ROSE DOVETTE DRAPED DETAIL DRESS 
Color: Coral
Size Med.   

Dovette Draped Detail Dress



Dylan and Rose Dovette Draped Detail Dress

Dylan and Rose Dovette Draped Detail Dress


I took one look at this and almost put it back in envelope to return.  Nothing about this dress did I like when I looked at it, not the color, not the material, nothing.  But I decided to put it on, and I LOVED it.  I loved they way it hugged in all the right places.  And the material is light, perfect for hot steamy Texas summer days.  This was a keeper and it went perfectly with the necklace I decided to keep from last month's fix.

41 HAWTHORNE  WRENN V-NECK JERSEY 
Size Med   






I took one look at this out of the box and new I was going to keep it.  This is something I would have picked for myself.  The material, again, is light and airy, perfect for hot and steamy Texas Summers.  Definitely a keeper!  

POMELO BROOK DOT PRINT TIE WAIST TOP
Size Med 



 I ended up keeping this, even though I was on the fence.   It was a little big through the chest, but it is such a versatile piece, and again, not something I would pick off the rack for me.   Its been added to the wardrobe ad I have worn it quite  bat in the past two weeks. It's in the dirty clothes right now, so no photo. 

The next piece was:

PINK MARTINI JOSHUA COLORED ANKLE JEANS
Size Med


 I wanted these, really bad.  But these were way to slim for my thick lower body.  I am not sure if I should up my pants size to a large,  a little concerned about doing that because pants and skirt sizes are lumped together and I know most skirts in a large will be too big.  I am in a solid 10 in pants and skirts, actually even some size 8's so I am going to leave the medium and see who some future bottoms work.  These went back



PAPERMOON
Collegno Diamond Print Drawstring Waist Dress
Size Med

Loved this dress too.  Really loved this dress.   Everything about it.  But the drawstring waist sat right below my breasts.   It pulled vertically in the shoulders, really weird for little ole short me.   Not sure if a large would fix that or not.  But I did not like where it fell on my legs.  If the waist was at the natural waist and I did not have the uncomfortable pull I think the length would have fell right where I wanted it to.  

All in all I think this fix was spot on. All things I can wear to work (really trying to build that work wardrobe) but can also be dressed down for a casual day out.   I kept three out of  five pieces (really wanted all 5) .   And bonus, I did not have to leave my house.  I guess I am going to have to go shopping eventually for all the cute little accessories like bags, and necklaces etc to out a complete style together.   Maybe I should ask for some hand bags in my next fix.

If you are interested and want to try Stitch Fix, please consider using my referral link by clicking on referral link.    I receive a $25 credit if you sign up and receive your first fix.   

Looking forward to next months fix!



No comments: