Thursday, January 16, 2014

Two Weeks In


We are two weeks into the new year and how am I doing on my goals.  Well I have run 22 miles total.  I am a little shy of my required weekly average, but I am not worried since I have some long races and such coming up.  

I've ridden 10 miles on my bike.  For me, riding in the winter is the absolute hardest.  The North Texas winds can be brutal to say the least. 

No swimming yet. But I am totally ok with that.  This is my weakest spot and I set my goal to be somewhat challenging but only anticipated 6 months out of the year, while training for triathlons and my half ironman in October.

I have ran one race already, a 10k,  and even finished 2nd in my division and set a PR.  It is the first time every one of my splits were below a 10 minute mile.  Woo hoo! Phoenix ran the 5k as part of that same race with me, and she finished second in her age group too!  One incredibly proud mama here.  And I cannot say enough how much I love sharing this hobby with her!

This is me, Phoenix and my friend who ran the 5k.


I have a 14 miler scheduled on Jan 25, and the following weekend I have a 10 miler scheduled (Feb 2).  Then the big countdown begins for my big Ragnar Relay.  SO EXCITED ABOUT THAT.    Lots more posts coming on that endeavor.

I've got big goals. I've got big dreams.  But I am constantly brought back to the verse I have chosen for 2014:

"Because you have so little faith.  I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say this mountain. 'Move from here to there,' and it will move.  Nothing will be impossible for you." Matthew 17:20

I know not only with determination, intentional decision making but with FAITH  I will accomplish what I have set out to do.  And not just in my athletic world.  We've got big things going on on other areas of our life that requires some good old fashioned faith.    Cannot wait to see what God has in store for us this year!

No comments: